Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lucky?

So I’m not a believer in luck, I’m more of a destiny person. However, if there is any such thing as luck I guess I got an overdose of it yesterday. First off, Barcelona beat Manchester United! Not that I have anything against the team, I actually think they’re pretty awesome on the pitch; even though I’m an unshakeable Gunner, and yes our trophy cupboard is currently bare, so sue Wenger! But Man.U and their fans were getting a bit cocky; it was about time they were reminded that they aren't invincible. Plus I’m also a Barca fan when Arsenal isn’t playing, I can love two teams right?

But that was just the beginning. The L.A. Lakers when on to beat the Nuggets in the 5th game of the western conference finals last night. I love the Lakers, and every minute of the game I watched last night reminded me why. Am I the only one who gets a mad rush of adrenaline every time a player touches the rim?

Lastly, I got an A+ on my most recent article for style and the media class! An A+! Now I know this sounds like I’m getting excited over nothing, A+’s should be a regular occurrence. But not in my fashion writing class. For the first five weeks of the course not a single person got a grade higher than a B+. It got so frustrating that we finally had to ask the professor “What do you want from us!?” {But not in those words exactly}. She simply said – in a very Meryl Streep from the Devil Wears Prada manner- “I don’t know exactly. When I see an A, I’ll know.” Now as you can imagine it’s extremely hard to get a good grade in any class when you don’t know what the professor wants. But I must have figured out the secret, because since week six {and we’re currently in week nine of a ten week term} I’ve gotten A’s, but never an A+. My article on the current double standard of beauty and perfection must have impressed her, because she thought to add a plus to my A {puns very intended}.

Needless to say… I am Happy.

However, I still don't believe in luck.


1 comment:

  1. wooot woooot!! A+ now nd forever more! BUUUUT How comes I wasn't aware of this?? Lil miss sugarcubem u hav some explainin t do!

    ReplyDelete