Monday, June 29, 2009

Distance Breaks Hearts

Isn’t it sad how humans can’t fly?

Think about it, we’d be so beautiful with wings. They would be extremely convenient too.

So the time he said “I wish you were here.” I would have said “I’m on my way.”

Then I would run, jump, spread my wings, and fly….

One way, non-stop to where he is…

Intertwine my fingers with his, tell him I’d be there as long as he wanted me to stay….

Kiss him, lightly, then get changed and go see a movie…

If I had wings, he’d never have to see a movie alone…..

Even if it was a movie I couldn’t stand, I wouldn’t mind, I’d just watch him instead….

Count beer bottles till we fell asleep… or maybe not…

Let him play with my hair…

Kisses, kisses, more kisses…

No broken hearts, no sad faces…

Not even when I was flying back home, because he’d know all he had to do was pick up the phone…

“I wish you were here.”

I wish I were there.

Copyright ©2009 Chinwe Arinze

6 comments:

  1. Sweetie...come online, lets tlk bout this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know that's not exactly hard...
    They're called Mammy water..

    ReplyDelete
  3. >> Butterfly:
    I'm straight, don't fret ;)

    >> Roc
    Lool! Have you met any?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post! It would be cool to have wings; you expressed yourself beautifully! All the best;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! :)
    Stop by anytime... your presence is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll be surprised at the dodgy kind of people I bump into..

    I could write a book about them..

    ReplyDelete