Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Shame Game

So my older sisters and I were the weirdest kids when we were younger.

Like most young siblings, we were virtually inseparable. We thought we were spies {the first letter of our names forming the alias C.N.N}, ballerinas, singers, song writers, engineers, dancers, and everything else our imaginations could conjure up.

Years later C.N.N has disbanded. N1 is married, N2 is working, and C is in college… but every once in a while, we come across something that reminds us why some children’s minds should never be left unsupervised.

I miss being a kid.

The Shame Game

Big shame, small shame,

Red shame, blue shame,

Skinny shame, fat shame,

Fat shame, slim shame,

Glad shame, grim shame,

Rich shame, poor shame,

Clean shame, dirty shame,

Sane shame, mad shame,

Good shame, bad shame

Shame with two arms shame with four,

Shame can be little and sometimes more,

Black shame, white shame

Dull shame, bright shame

Shame that's bad and shame that’s sad,

And sometimes makes your neighbors glad,

So all in all it’s plain to see,

That shame just isn’t meant for me,

So leave me shame, and let me be!

My life is not a place for thee!

Copyright ©2009 Chinwe Arinze

1 comment:

  1. Nice poem..

    I guess we all yearn for the innocence of childhood..

    If only..

    ReplyDelete