Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pet Peeve

Okay, this might sound slightly ridiculous...
But I hate it when I have a particular seat in a small lecture hall..
And some wise guy decides to randomly sit there one day!

Six weeks... I've been in this information sytems class for six weeks...
I chose my seat particulaly because it's close to an outlet, so I can charge my laptop while viewing the slides on there {or reading blogs} because it's more convenient for me, since I wear glasses and would rather not stare at the overhead screen for three hours....

So explain to me why in week seven, home boy {white boy, and no I have no issues with race} decides to move a seat over, into MY seat {yes it has my name on it}... just to sit next to miss 'I need to choke up the whole class with my eau de cigarette smoke' [another pet peeve]...
Yes I know you two have been all buddy-buddy since the exam last week.... however, did it occur to you, sir, that I chose that seat for a reason!?

They went out during the break...

And so, in the middle of the lecture, I have to get up, walk round the table, cross over Miss Cigs too short mac laptop charger {which has such a big power box it covers her outlet and the one I would have used},disconnect one of the school systems, feel for the outlet that I can't see behind the panel and plug in my cable, cross over her cable again, and then get back into my seat...
Making me the focus of the class for almost three minutes....

Like... really?

Thanks guys, thank you both...

On a more cheerful note... the moon is gorgeous tonight...
Wish I had my dads camera so I could capture the gorgeousness :)
*sigh*
And for some reason I feel the urge to bring back the word 'Daddio'..
Perphaps it's because of my fro that will soon be able to compete with foxy cleopatras...
Or the fact that my friend nicknamed me Retro...
*shrugs*

Oh.. and I was thinking back to my primary school days...
And I'm pretty sure I remember a teacher telling the class to "brush before and after each meal"...
Now I think about it almost twelve years later ...
If I brush my teeth after meal one, can someone please tell me why I'm brushing them again before meal two?
Go figure...

4 comments:

  1. Send me their details..
    I'll come leave a horse's head in their bed..
    Teach em not to mess with you next time..
    Pschewwwww... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Roc!
    That would be sweet if it wasn't slightly freaky.. a horse's head? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me nne, a Horses head gets the message across faster than anything..lol..Didnt you see "The God Father" ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, no I haven't seen that, my sister has been tryna get me to see it for ages...
    Maybe I should check it out, lol.

    ReplyDelete