Friday, August 28, 2009

Why won't you argue with me?




Why won't you argue with me?

So I called him last night,

Just to start something

But he wouldn’t take the bait,

So I decided to wait till he made the mistake of

Making a vague expression that I could read rubbish into,

Like, “I wonder what you’re up to”

Then I would respond with “why do you always think I’m trying to start something”

But to my dismay he replied with an “Ok. Alright. You’re right”

And I was frustrated because I wanted him to fight,

Because I wanted him to care so I could share the emotion that was tearing me apart,

Like why did we ever start?

Why begin a road trip with an empty tank,

Why borrow money from a failing bank,

Why did you let me in, knowing I would begin to fall in love with the person that you are?

Why are you so far away?

And every time you’re about to hang up why do I make you stay?

Why do I want you so much?

Why do I feel like the more we talk the more we lose touch of the things that brought us together in the first place?

You know I would if could right?

If there was an ocean between us I would part it and walk barefoot miles across the ocean bed just to be with you,

I would sprout wings and get over my fear of height and anxiety of flight just to touch you,

Why won’t you argue with me?

Can’t you see it’s the only way I feel I have left to reach you,

To rattle your senses so that as you battle me you break my defenses,

So my heart never fails to pause every time I hear your voice,

Why can’t I have you?

Heart, Mind, body, and soul,

Why can’t I have total control of you, me, and us,

Why won’t you argue with me?

Copyright ©2009 Chinwe Arinze

Picture featured in the audio clip designed by ME :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww...
    I'm sure if u told him u wanted him to argue with u, he would :), but then it wouldn't be the same thing, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no, it wouldn't be the same...
    I'm learning I can't always have my way...
    Hard lesson, lol

    ReplyDelete