Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nostalgia

When I start to wonder,
I silently remind myself in an inaudible whisper,
That his hands were still unsure; his mind not yet mature,
I needed a man not a boy, a real soldier not a toy,
A lover not a leaver,
A fighter not a quitter,
A love that lasts forever,
Forever could be five minutes of certainty,
Or a lifetime of indecision,
I just needed definition,
Were we or weren’t we,
I’d rather fight than pretend I’m alright,
Fight and stay up all night,
Watch the sunrise before I realize,
I might have won that one but I’m losing the battle,
His heart was willing but his mind was unable,
Real love isn’t a fairytale or fable,
It’s anything but stable,
It’s those moment when you could have but you didn’t,
It either is or it isn’t,
We either had it and lost it,
Or never had it at all,
I promised myself I wouldn’t fall,
Screw Insomnia.

Copyright ©2010 Chinwe Arinze

2 comments:

  1. "Forever could be five minutes of certainty"- True that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.
    I sense that I might know who "he" is, but perhaps I might not.... ;)

    ReplyDelete